Serves 5
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups vegetable broth (I use 2 beef cubes and 4 cups water.)
1 tablespoon cumin (some people use just 1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon each of salt, cinnamon, and allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I just add it to my serving of soup--can use cider vinegar.)
Instructions:
1. Place oil, onion, garlic and seasonings into a large pot.
2. Cook on low-medium heat until browned.
3. Puree beans and tomatoes with half of the vegetable broth in an blender. Add pureed ingredients, pumpkin and rest of broth to your pot.
4. Simmer uncovered 30 to 45 minutes. Before serving, add balsamic vinegar--or shake
some on your individual serving. (Vinegar adds to flavor and I think cures gas problems with beans.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment